Thursday, September 21, 2006

the artist is the creator of beautiful things

uI went to the big book fair today, and i bought:
A Rumpus in the Garden (kackel i grönsakslandet) by Sven Nordqvist - to Einar. He was here some ten days and left yesterday. I cried the whole day until my mum’s friends came in the evening and gave me red wine. They talked about St Petersburg and the north of Sweden, and I went to bed in a good mood and was no longer afraid to sleep alone.
Container by Max Andersson (one of my favourite comic writers, together with Joakim Pirinen and Daniel Ahlgren. Ok, Mystiska 2:an by Rolf Gohs is a favourite comic because of old Stockholm city and the way it is drawn. Wow! I had forgotten about them! Better look for my albums later on. And Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore because they both look smashing and because of the lööööv story.)
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
A collection with three books by Carl Johan De Geer
Dokument Rörande Spelaren Rubashov by Carl-johan (nú!) Vallgren

and a pocket mirror

I got wine and free stuff, met people and mingled. My aunt introduced me to some Icelanders and my mum found a book with my dad in it. This is the best event of the year. Viva Bokmässan!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home